Our client is a dynamic Winnipeg based business providing payroll services to clients across Canada. They are professional, agile and their goal is to provide a comfortable, inculsive and friendly work environment in a modern office setting. Work from home is availble on days that you may not be able make it into work - weather, ill, but still able to work, etc.
Our client is seeking a professional who is dedicated and responsible to join their payroll team. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for timely data entry and analysis of employee payroll information and data - entering hours, doing billing advices, creating EFT files, etc. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years' experience in a related field and a solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel. The successful candidate will be dealing with multiple clients, in multiple jurisdictions NOT just one payroll. Processing each payroll varies from entering hours to a complete payoll run to simply doing a billing advice. Being self-motivated and able to self manage time in a fast paced environment are considered very desirable skills.
Must have strong attention to detail and the abilty to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to take the initative, be able to problem solve and be willing help the rest of the team, as needed.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; be reliable, organized and a team player.
Computerized payroll processing for clients in all provinces.
- Process employees' pay increases, bonuses and deductions
- Calculate stat pay, filing, balancing
- Prepare employees' gross wages based on hours worked, overtime and deductions
- Prepare ROE's and T4's
- Input payroll data into a proprietory computerized payroll system
- Balancing CRA Payments
- WCB / WSIB Filing and EHT balancing
Full Time, Permanent
$20.00 to $23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disabilty insurance
- Extended health care benefits
- Life insurance
- Work from home, if needed
Flexible Language Requirement
- English (fluent both spoken and written is required)
- Abilty to communicate in French a definite asset, but not required
- Day shift
- Monday through Friday
- No weekends
Secondary school (preferred)
Payroll - 2 years (required minimum)