Our Client is looking for a junior level bookkeeper to join their growing Small Business Division. You will be mentored and responsible for assisting and taking ownership of full-cycle accounting for multiple clients; juggling multiple tasks and deadlines, personal income tax preparation, and other tasks that arise during the year as directed by the Small Business Support Management team.
Accounting tasks and assignments (client work) as directed by the Small Business Support Management team including:
· Entering expenses into Accounting Software;
· Organizing receipts;
· Recording bank transactions (debits & credits);
· Analyzing credit card statements for entry into Accounting Software;
· Performing bank and credit card reconciliations;
· Performing duties at client premises, as directed (i.e., preparing PST and GST returns, payroll, preparing cheques for signature, etc.);
· Personal Income tax Return (T1) preparation;
· Assist the Financial Services department with entering bank transactions, general ledgers, etc. into Accounting Software for year-end purposes (as needed and coordinated through Small Business Support Managers).
· Maintaining positive relationships with clients, employees, contract employees, shareholders, and all other stakeholders;
· Meeting all tax filing and internal deadlines;
· Strict confidentiality of client affairs;
· Reporting when client files are ready to be reviewed to the Small Business Support Manager;
· Reporting issues and concerns to the Small Business Support Manager on a timely basis regarding 1) accounting & administrative issues and 2) our Client's concept;
· Supporting and promoting our Client's name and concept.
· Passion to learn and grow in a bookkeeping position and environment
· Willingness to learn and understand personal tax return preparation
· Basic knowledge of and skill in bookkeeping
· Office 365 and Microsoft office (Word, Excel),
· Knowledge of QuickBooks (desktop and online), Sage, Xero, TaxPrep, preferred;
· Effective communication skills (verbal, written, electronic);
· Proficient keyboarding skills;
· A positive attitude with a desire to exceed expectations;
· Ability to work independently;
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines;
· Excellent time management skills (organization & prioritization);
· Ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks
As part of our selection process, shortlisted candidates will be requested to undertake a typing skills
test to assess their skillset as it relates to bookkeeping.
Onsite / Hybrid / Remote - Candidate's Choice
Onsite Parking Provided
7 Fridays off during Summer